Tuesday, January 23, 2018

In its good time

Things are showing up in my life IN THIS MOMENT that should have been part of my consciousness months or over a year(s) ago.  Because they showed up in their good time.

Sort of like John.  I am blessed to have a wonderful marriage that's sometime punctuated by upheavals (on my part) & cave dwelling (John) which have somehow turned into fresh awareness of ourselves & our relationship.

Confession - I've had an all-access pass to the 2017 Age Without Borders Global Caregiving Virtual Summit since April 2017 & never took a peek.  My first experience with Kari Henley's surrealistically fabulous online summit was just before the kick off of the 2018 event.  Figured I should at least watch ONE session from the first before viewing the second.

Was I bowled over!  One of the first speakers on the first day was Dr. Peter Whitehouse, someone I've known & admired through the National Center for Creative Aging Conferences.  My first thought - instead of kicking myself & thinking, "WHY didn't I watch this last spring?" - was "All in good time."  And this, in spite of  connecting with Peter at the International Association of Gerontologists & Geriatrics World Congress, when it would have been great to say, "Loved the AWB presentation!"  But the person who would have watched it pre-the IAGG, the things I would have pulled from it, would have been radically different from what I gained on Friday, in my post-IAGG more fully ME self.  All in its good time.

When did I sign up for Jen Sincero's You Are A Badass At Habits?  No idea. But when I went to check out a Daily Om course I just signed up for, Healing Through Writing, there it was.  Seriously?  SERIOUSLY?  The Universe is SUCH a wondrous partner, always having my back, always saying, "Here, try this."

Not kidding - I have absolutely NO memory of Jen offering this course through Daily Om, let alone remembering signing up for it.  But here I am, primed & ready for what she has to offer, and there she is.

When the student is ready...  In its good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment