Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Taking out my inner Habit Zombie

As in decimating!

One of the many things I learned from the Gremlin Taming method is to spot a gremlin, tip my hat in acknowledgement of its presence, then dothe thing that absolutely drives it WILD - move past it to better. 

Which is not to say that I don't reach out for HELP getting past those professionally obstinate, velcro-like gremliny negatives that constantly do everything in their power to stick to our innard wherever it is that gunks up our best intentions.  I've learned to respond differently than over my first fifty years, to start by keeping my feet in NOW, my head in the game & my intentions focused on my next action, not fixating on the past or fantasizing about the future.

My way of taking out my Habit Zombie is the same.  Differentiate between helpful habits & harmful ones, lasso out self-limiting or downright self-defeating ones, then reinforce good ones to counteract them, create new ones strong enough to give the old ones the boot.  Am now better positioned to accomplish great goals & realize ab fab dreams

Once we're this far, we MUST remember to NOT look back to check if old habits have gone - that simple untrusting action gives them the chance to wave & implore in the most beseeching voice how much they miss & just let them back for a teensy moment...  & then SHAZAM! We're back in their bad graces. 

Taking out Habit Zombies starts with a detached SEEING, with not resisting or fighting it (waste of energy, leads to nothin') - just move past, get over.  The goal is to feel good & at peace, not wallow in the high drama of  bring-us-low icky habits. 

We're ALL born to birth wondrous things (although too many are told otherwise from the times our our flapping ears can make sense of what we are told).   KNOW, to the eensiest of your being, that God doesn't make junk & does expect fabulous from each of us. 

Here, in five simple steps, is my method for taking out Habit Zombies:

Step One:  identify habits that limit my real best interests - if they harm anyone, they're not in my best interests, even if they seem to advance them.

Step Two: create a new action that moves me out of the old habit, to a WOWrous new one that keeps moving me forward to glorious goals & awesome accomplishments.

Step Three; repeat & repeat & repeat ad infinitum until the new actions becomes habits & the old ones withers to mere wisps of almost nothingness. 

Step Four: CELEBRATE!

Step Five: repeat Steps 1 - 4




No comments:

Post a Comment