Friday, September 22, 2017

Purposeful v. Processful

Listening to Toni Townes-Whitley talk about the ethics of innovation triggered a deep personal thought.  She mentioned the importance of being purposeful.  I am rejiggering The Retreat, which doubles as the Computer Studio, to showcase books that have spoken to me in rich, resonate voices over the decades.

The tip off that I am living a purposeful life is if  I use the space productively, taking steps each day toward my identified core goals for next six weeks:

  • Create a clear image of Cyber Access for the Technically Timid in both head & heart;
  • Build it around a strong infrastructure;
  • Understand the stake holders;
  • Understand how CATT serves them;
  • Structure my daily weekly monthly energy blocks. 


Growing up, for a variety of unconnected yet weirdly meshed reasons, it was process that mattered, not product.  That could be the reason I respond so strongly to the word synthesize - it's end is a completed whole.

Emblazon it across my heart - -  process only has value when it supports a purpose;  purpose only has value when it is fulfilled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment