Monday, March 5, 2018

CLARITY QUESTIONS - Week of February 25

My best memory of the week - Going to the Aging 2.0 Philadelphia reboot at Slainte, catty corner to 30th Street Station, seeing friends going in -and- coming out who were as delighted to see us as we were to see them, the amazing mix of people at the whoop-de-doo, the terrific speaker (Brian Duke, former Director of Aging for the Commonwealth of Phila, currently Systems Director/Senior Services, Main Line Health Systems - lives in Washingtons Crossing).  Awesome to know that John & I can take a bow in getting the dormant chapter back up & humming!

What I am most grateful for this week - being at a seriously good place with John.

Accomplishments this week that make me smile - getting the social hall at the Lord's New Church for A Creativity Jam For Age Justice; returning foot snugs & tender intimacy to my relationship with John, which we hadn't realized had drifted away until I had a "Ok,what's happening?" melt-down; taking myself seriously; realizing that Peter sees life through a broken lens; loving the fresh water stream this little goldfish leapt into!

A challenge I faced this week - realizing that something was seriously wrong in my relationship with John, that we'd lost over the past couple years the easy intimacy that had hallmarked our relationship, identifying the problem as the stack of cushions & pillows that he has his feet atop when we sleep, which was the end of the feet snugs that are the best form of tender intimacy & which lead to us cozying up to each other, something long missing.  Last year, I tried sleeping with my feet up at the same level, but it messed up my legs (strange knees).  If the time comes that John HAS to sleep with his feet up, we will find a way to get in our foot snugs.  

Strengths & supports I used to get me through this week - sensing there is a problem that needs addressing, even when I don't have a clue what it is; being open to changing my view of myself & others, putting concern for Peter above being as frustrated by him as he is apparently irritated by me, journaling, being open to new experiences & people, copious reading & writing.

A lesson from the past week that I am taking into the next - this little goldfish leapt out of a toxic, stagnant pool & into a lovely fresh water stream YEARS ago, but kept thinking & talking about the old, gunked up pool instead of happily swimming in the beautiful environment into which she had propelled herself.  Just keep swimming!






No comments:

Post a Comment