Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Get over it, get on with it

A New York Times piece on St. Laurent's chief executive quotes her talking about her marriage -  she lives in Paris, while he's in Milan, but they talk almost every day, vacation together & soe weekends, but hardly ever appear together in public.  She explains, We understand what each other wants.  I never have the feeling that we should do something different.”

Thanks, I needed that.  This was one of those days when the ways that John & I are not a cookie cutter married couple really got to me.  Not all knickers in a twist & spaced-out energies, just wondering if what makes us tick might actually be a time bomb.

Reading Francesca Bellettini's description of her own unconventional marriage was just right.  And did I really think that anything remotely conventional would ever work for me?  Get over it, get on with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment